How to Earn a Climate Change Certificate?
Earning Climate Change Certificates works differently from earning degrees at SF State. There is no need to apply for or declare the Certificate. Instead, follow these 3 steps:
3-Steps to Earn the Climate Change Certificate:
Detailed Information About 3-Steps to Earn the Climate Change Certificate
Before you get started please start by completing these following processes.
Complete a CAP form and send it for signatures by opening this link and following the instructions in it.
- You’ll need to add the name of your Climate Change Certificate Advisor in your program, department, or college to the form. If you have NOT seen an advisor: Please enter Aritree Samanta (email@example.com) as your advisor if your last name starts with letter A-N, and enter Autumn Thoyre (firstname.lastname@example.org) as your advisor if your last name starts with letter O-Z.
- If you have questions about completing the CAP form, please reach out to a Climate Change Certificate Advisor.
- Note that after you click “Finish,” the form will automatically be sent electronically to the Advisor, Program/Department Chair, and Division of Graduate Studies for their signatures.
Deadlines for completing Certificate paperwork:
- For Spring award of Certificate: finish paperwork by June 15
- For Summer award of Certificate: finish paperwork by August 15
*Please Note: iIf you miss a deadline, it’s not too late to earn the Certificate. You can finish the paperwork the next semester and still earn the Certificate.