Biology Department photograph montage

Obtaining advisor approval of the Undergraduate Student Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form

Students on financial aid are sometimes asked by the Financial Aid office to prepare an Undergraduate Student Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form.  This form includes a Financial Aid Graduation Plan (Part II, on page 3 of the form) specific for completing the major.  Please see the University Financial Aid office web page on instructions for filling out the overall Undergraduate Student Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form:

The student should bring to the meeting with the Biology Advisor:

  • a copy of his/her unofficial SF State transcripts and unofficial transcripts from any transfer campus with transfer courses being used for the major
  • a copy of his/her Advanced Standing Evaluation (ASE), Degree Audit Report (if a transfer student), and/or Degree Progress Report
  • current course enrollment
  • a copy of the Financial Aid Graduation Plan, filled out by the student prior to the meeting, indicating the required and elective courses the student plans to take to complete the major (including which semester the student will take each course)
  • the original Financial Aid Graduation Plan to be filled out by the student in consultation with the advisor (this will be filled out AFTER discussion with the advisor)

Once the advisor approves the plan, the student takes the form to the Department of Biology office for Department approval and then to the Financial Aid office. The student does not meet with the Chair of the Department.

Back to Undergraduate Advising for Biology Students