Biology Undergraduate Graduation Checklists
Graduation Application Submission Process (for SPRING 2017)
All Biology Major graduation applicants for SPRING 2017 MUST complete an ONLINE SURVEY [https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Spring2017SFSUBioGraduationSurvey] before the Department will approve the graduation application. Your input will help the Department improve its programs and courses for all Biology students.
- This requirement does not apply to Minor in Biology degree candidates.
- If you do not have a Biology Major Advisor, please obtain your Biology Advisor assignment at the Department of Biology Office.
Download the Biology Advising Checklist BEFORE you visit your Biology Major Advisor. Make sure that you bring all the required paperwork indicated in the Biology Advising Checklist for your meeting with your Advisor.
Deadline to submit your graduation application to the Department of Biology Office (HH534):
FRIDAY, FEB 10, 2017, 4pm
Deadline to submit your Department-approved graduation application (with application fee receipt, $100) to the Registrar's Office:
FRIDAY, FEB 17, 2017, 5pm
Step One: Access to Online Survey
Please click on the following link to access the SPRING 2017 Graduating Biology Major Survey: NOT YET AVAILABLE
- Please complete the online survey. Your responses will remain strictly anonymous.
Step Two: Fill out your Major Specific Graduation Checklist
Click on the following links to download the Graduation Checklist for the indicated major.
- Note, clicking on the link will open the checklist as a pdf in your browser. You can download the pdf by either "right-clicking" from a PC or holding down the mouse-click on a Mac and selecting the download or save the link option. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these pdfs.
2015 - 2016 Graduation Checklists:
B.S. in Clinical Science (2009-2010 checklist)
You can find Graduation Checklists for previous years on the Archived Graduation Checklists web page. Alternatively, you can pick up the appropriate checklist for your Bulletin Year at the Department of Biology Office (HH534). If you are following requirements for your major from a previous bulletin, please come by the Biology Department Office (Hensill Hall 534) to obtain a copy of the major requirements from the bulletin year that you are following.
How to fill out the Graduation Checklist:
YOU MUST FILL OUT THE GRADUATION CHECKLIST BEFORE YOU MEET WITH YOUR BIOLOGY ADVISOR and BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF APPROVAL.
- Make sure you check off each course completed and list the correct number of units on the Graduation Checklist.
- If you are using a transfer course, check off that you have the approved Department Equivalency Form with your Checklist. An Equivalency form must be attached to your application for any/all non-SFSU classes used in your major and taken at another institution. Click here to view instructions on how to fill out the Equivalency form.
- All upper division electives should be listed in the table available at the end of the Checklist. All elective courses should be listed on the approved Department Substitution Form with your Checklist. Click here to view instructions on how to fill out the Substitution form.
Step Three: Fill out the Graduation Application
Click here to see how to fill out the Baccalaureate Degree Application for Graduation.
List your majors courses on the Graduation Application in the same order the courses are listed on the Graduation Checklist.
Below is a list of course numbers that were changed for the current bulletin year. Please note these changes as appropriate.
Previous Course Number = New Course Number
- CHEM 111 = CHEM 115
- CHEM 113 = CHEM 215
- CHEM 114 = CHEM 216
- MATH 220 = MATH 226
- MATH 221 = MATH 227
- CHEM 333 = CHEM 233 (as of Fall 2010)
Please note that CHEM 333/233 may be used in place of CHEM 130 (requires a Biology Department Equivalency form and approval by your Major Advisor). This policy does not apply to Chemistry course prerequisites. In particular, if you plan to take either Chem 349 General Biochemistry OR Chem 340 Biochemistry I, you must complete both Chem 233 and Chem 335, BEFORE taking Biochemistry (see the course descriptions for the COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS).
Step Four: Submit your Graduation Application to the Department for Approval
Submit to the Department of Biology the following forms:
- Completed Biology Major Graduation Checklist
- Completed and advisor-approved Baccalaureate Degree Application
- Completed and approved Biology Equivalency Forms
- Completed and approved Biology Substitution Forms
- copy of Unofficial SFSU Transcripts
Check the "Obtaining approval for your graduation application" web page for the remaining steps.
Congratulations to all graduating seniors!! We wish you good luck in your future career.